Shilajit, also called mineral pitch, is the result of slow decomposition of plant matter and minerals over centuries.
Considered a millenary product of nature.
A sticky, black, tar-like substance that exudates from high mountain rocks, especially in the Himalayans mountains between India and Nepal.
- Contains more than 80 different minerals, as well as fulvic acid and humic acid.
- Other molecules present include eldagic acid, dibenzo-α-pyrones, resins, albumins, triterpenes, sterols, aromatic carboxylic acids, polyphenols and phenolic lipids.
- Functions as an antioxidant to increase the body’s immunity and memory.
- Possesses anti-inflammatory properties.
- Acts as a diuretic to remove excess fluid from your body.
- May aid Alzheimer’s therapy as the fulvic acid may stop the abnormal build-up of tau protein and reduce inflammation, potentially improving Alzheimer’s symptoms.
- May naturally boost body’s mitochondrial function and help improve energy levels.
- Protects against free radicals and cellular damage.
- Contributes to longevity, overall vitality and slower aging process.
- Helps increase total sperm count and motility.
- May help significantly in the increases of total testosterone.
- May protect the heart and improve heart health.
- Helpful in treating iron deficiency anaemia.
- Claimed in India to be used as yogavaha i.e. as synergistic enhancer of other drugs.
- Play important role in transporting different mineral substances to their cellular targets.
Dosage: 300-500mg per day.
- It is a potent and very safe dietary supplement, potentially able to prevent several diseases.
- Used for centuries by the Ayurvedic medicine, shilajit act as a rasayana to increase physical strength and to promote overall health and wellbeing