Botanical Name: Withania somnifera
Common Name: Ashwagandha, Indian winter cherry, Indian ginseng
- The root smells like horse (“ashwa”) and is supposed to imbibe you with the strength and virility of a horse, thus the name ashwagandha.
- Considered to be a great tonic for older people and children, and an aphrodisiac for young people.
- Used in Ayurveda to treat people for their day-to-day woes such as stress, anxiety, exhaustion and lack of sleep.
- Glorified over time for its dual capacity to energize and calm at the same time.
Active principles: withanolides, which are triterpene lactones.
- May promote physical and mental health.
- Restores the body and increases longevity.
- Best nervine tonics.
- Enhances the body’s resilience to stress.
- Promotes intellect and memory.
- Enhances the function of the brain and nervous system.
- Improves the function of the reproductive system.
- Promotes a healthy sexual and reproductive balance.
- Improves the body’s cell-mediated immunity.
- Helps protect against cellular damage caused by free radicals.
Dosage: 450–500mg capsules once or twice daily. Listed in Ayurvedic Pharmacopoeia of India and Indian Pharmacopoeia.
Uniqueness of Botanic Healthcare’s Product
- HPLC-based quality control ensuring consistent chemical profile with known amounts of both free withanolides and their glycosides in the extract.
- Withania somnifera dunal extract standardized to free withanolides and their glycosides (total withanolides >1.5 -10 % w/w by HPLC and gravimetry).
- Standardized extract of withania somnifera can be custom formulated.