Botanical Name: Ocimum sanctum
Common Name: Tulsi, queen of herbs, mother medicine of nature,
- A highly revered culinary and medicinal aromatic herb that is indigenous to the Indian subcontinent and has been used in Ayurvedic medicine more than 3000 years.
- Ayurveda refers it “elixir of life” for its healing powers.
- One of the best examples of Ayurveda’s holistic lifestyle approach to health.
- Tastes hot and bitter.
- Penetrates deep tissues, dries tissue secretions, and normalizes Kapha and Vata.
- Eugenol (terpene with pain-relieving properties),
- Ursolic and rosmarinic acid (compounds with antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and anti-aging properties),
- Apigenin (a flavonoid that helps the body remove waste at the cellular level),
- Lutein (an antioxidant carotenoid important for eye health)
- Ocimumosides A and B (compounds that reduce stress and balance the neurotransmitters serotonin and dopamine).
- May help prevent disease, promote general health, wellbeing and longevity.
- Possess the ability to increase the body’s levels of anti-oxidant molecules.
- Protect the body from toxin-induced damage and free radicals.
- Maintain stable blood sugar levels by enhancing insulin secretion,
- Improve blood pressure and lipid profiles
- Enhance liver bile acid synthesis.
- Lowers cortisol levels.
- Has anti-microbial activity.
- Can be used as an herbal mouth wash for treating bad breath, gum disease and mouth ulcers.
- Has wound-healing properties.
- Helps protect and detoxify the body’s cells and organs.
- Help reduce stress by relaxing and calming the mind.
- Has positive effects on memory and cognitive function.
Dosage: 6 to 14 grams is an average daily dose.
- A potent adaptogenic herb that nurtures and nourishes the body, mind and spirit while fostering a sense of relaxation, wellbeing and resilience.
- Tulsi shows promise in preventing a treating lifestyle-related chronic diseases, including diabetes, metabolic syndrome, and psychological stress.
Botanic Healthcare can provide you tulsi extract standardized to tannins, ursolic acid. The product can be custom formulated.