By Admin | 2022-02-03 12:04:05 | Blog
Botanic name: Momordica charantia
Common Name: Bitter melon, Bitter gourd, Bitter squash, Pare, Karela.
Parts used: Leaves, fruit, roots, and vines.
A tropical vine that belongs to the gourd family and is closely related to zucchini, squash, pumpkin, and cucumber. It is widely grown in Asia, Africa, and the Caribbean.
Mostly used in cuisines of East Asia, South Asia, and Southeast Asia and widely used as a medicine for reducing blood sugar levels.
Active phytoconstituents of Bitter melon are charantin, vicine, polypeptide. Triterpene, protein, steroid, alkaloid, lipid, and phenolic compounds are some other active constituents.
Health benefits of Momordica charantia:
- May help in reducing blood sugar
- It may have cancer-fighting properties
- May decrease cholesterol levels
- It may aid in weight loss
- Rich in nutrients
- It may help in lowering the inflammation
- It may help in abdominal pain
- Boosts the immunity system
- It may help in stimulating the appetite
- Aids digestion
- It is anti-inflammatory and astringent that may help in the movement of the bowels
- May act as an effective medicine in the early stages of cholera and diarrhea
- Great for eyesight
Botanic Healthcare provides Momordica charantia extract with 2.5% to 10% bitters by Gravimetry.
Green Tea - A Herbal Detox
The Benefits Of Herbal Extracts For Human Health
© 2021 Botanic Healthcare. All Rights Reserved