By Admin | 2022-02-03 12:07:23 | Blog
Botanical Name: Ocimum sanctum
Common Name: Tulsi, queen of herbs, mother medicine of nature,
- A highly revered culinary and medicinal aromatic herb that is indigenous to the Indian subcontinent and has been used in Ayurvedic medicine more than 3000 years.
- Ayurveda refers it “elixir of life” for its healing powers.
- One of the best examples of Ayurveda’s holistic lifestyle approach to health.
- Tastes hot and bitter.
- Penetrates deep tissues, dries tissue secretions, and normalizes Kapha and Vata.
- Eugenol (terpene with pain-relieving properties),
- Ursolic and rosmarinic acid (compounds with antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and anti-aging properties),
- Apigenin (a flavonoid that helps the body remove waste at the cellular level),
- Lutein (an antioxidant carotenoid important for eye health)
- Ocimumosides A and B (compounds that reduce stress and balance the neurotransmitters serotonin and dopamine).
- May help prevent disease, promote general health, wellbeing and longevity.
- Possess the ability to increase the body’s levels of anti-oxidant molecules.
- Protect the body from toxin-induced damage and free radicals.
- Maintain stable blood sugar levels by enhancing insulin secretion,
- Improve blood pressure and lipid profiles
- Enhance liver bile acid synthesis.
- Lowers cortisol levels.
- Has anti-microbial activity.
- Can be used as an herbal mouth wash for treating bad breath, gum disease and mouth ulcers.
- Has wound-healing properties.
- Helps protect and detoxify the body’s cells and organs.
- Help reduce stress by relaxing and calming the mind.
- Has positive effects on memory and cognitive function.
Dosage: 6 to 14 grams is an average daily dose.
- A potent adaptogenic herb that nurtures and nourishes the body, mind and spirit while fostering a sense of relaxation, wellbeing and resilience.
- Tulsi shows promise in preventing a treating lifestyle-related chronic diseases, including diabetes, metabolic syndrome, and psychological stress.
Botanic Healthcare can provide you tulsi extract standardized to tannins, ursolic acid. The product can be custom formulated.
The Benefits Of Herbal Extracts For Human Health
© 2021 Botanic Healthcare. All Rights Reserved