Botanical Name : Serenoa repens
Family : Arecaceae
Common Name : Saw palmetto
- A small palm tree, growing to a maximum height of seven to ten feet.
- Saw palmetto gets its name from the sharp saw-like teeth on its stalks.
- Native Americans from the Seminole tribe in Florida traditionally used the fruit for food and to treat a variety of urinary and reproductive problems associated with an enlarged prostate gland.
- Contains fatty acids – capric, lauric, palmitic, oleic and linolenic acids, beta sitosterol, long chain alcohols, carotenoids, water-soluble polysaccharides and flavonoids.
How Does Saw Palmetto Work?
Maintains the body’s testosterone level by blocking the activity of 5 alpha reductase, an enzyme that converts testosterone into dihydrotestosterone (DHT) and also prevents the binding of DHT to receptor sites.
- Supports prostate health and aid in preventing BPH (Benign Prostate Hyperplasia) and Prostate cancer.
- Improves urinary tract infections associated with BPH.
- Prevents hair loss.
- Regulates testosterone levels which impacts several aspects of health including body composition, sex drive, mood and cognition.
- Reduces male pattern baldness (prevents androgenic alopecia).
Important Medicinal Properties
- Urinary antiseptic.
Benefits of Botanic Healthcare Saw Palmetto Extract:
- Provision of fatty acids NLT 45% as per in-house extraction method.
Dosage: 300-320 mg of saw palmetto extract.
- Approved by German Commission E and US FDA.