By Admin | 2022-02-03 12:15:51 | Blog
Botanical Name: Bacopa monnieri
Common Name: Brahmi, Water hyssop, Herb of Grace
- Creeping marsh plant used in Ayurveda for neurological rejuvenation, and has implications for memory enhancement and anxiety.
- Highly heralded in Ayurveda as a general brain tonic (Medhya Rasayana).
- ‘Brahmi’ originates from the Hindu God Brahma who is referred to as ‘cosmic consciousness’ – creative potential that emerges from pure awareness leading to knowledge, learning, memory and concentration.
Active Principles: Bacoside A and B, bacosterols, bacosine, brahmine, luteolin, apigenin, quercetin etc.
Bacosides are powerful compounds that may have antioxidant effects and can help protect against cell damage caused by potentially harmful free radicals linked to many chronic conditions, such as heart disease, diabetes, and certain cancers.
- Seems to improve memory and hand-eye coordination in children.
- May have potent anti-inflammatory properties.
- Helps suppress pro-inflammatory enzymes and cytokines.
- May enhance brain functions such as memory, attention and visual perception.
- May reduce attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) symptoms like hyperactivity, poor self-control, impulsivity, and inattentiveness.
- Helps increase body’s resistance to stress and reducing levels of cortisol.
- Could keep blood pressure within a healthy range, reducing the risk of heart diseases.
- May reduce behavioral and developmental mental imbalances.
- Could decrease mental debility due to stress and exhaustion
- Restores the aged and debilitated body to its pristine youth and vigor.
- May help re-establish the full potential of senses.
- Herb with cooling energy – keeps the mind calm and free of anxiety and enhances three components of mind: Dhi (Power of Learning), Dhrti (Power of Retaining) and Smriti (Power of Recalling).
- Wondrous effect on Bhrajaka Pitta (in skin) which helps rejuvenate the scalp, promotes regeneration of healthy hair, enhances skin complexion and removes toxins from the body.
Dosage: 250-500mg per day.
What is Special About Our Product.
- We get brahmi through safe and sustainable cultivation. Our products are pure crops, free from pesticides and ochratoxin.
- HPLC and gravimetry-based quality control to ensure the consistent quantity of active principles in brahmi.
© 2023 Botanic Healthcare. All Rights Reserved