21 Most Interesting Facts About Ginger
By Admin | 2023-01-21 12:19:42 | Blog
Ginger not only adds delicious flavor to food, but it is a combo pack full of nutrients. People using the root for cooking and healing for thousands of years. Botanic Healthcare - the world’s most well-known Ginger Extracts Manufacturers, understands the need for this valuable plant and precisely processes it with cut-edge tools and modern machinery to offer the best Organic Extract. It is a spice for flavoring food and as a medicinal plant. There are various unusual and unique facts about ginger. Let us know the most interesting facts about this spice.
Intriguing Facts About Ginger Plant
- Ginger is not a root. It’s a rhizome with an underground stem that can produce root and shoot systems of a new plant.
- The ginger plant is an herb.
- Ginger is a part of the Zingiberaceae family. Turmeric and Cardamom are also in this family.
- The ginger plant is native to southeastern Asia.
- Ginger can be grown from rhizomes, which you can find at grocery stores.
- The mature ginger rhizomes are harvested after 9-12 months.
- Ginger is mainly grown in warmer regions and the tropics.
- The best time to plant ginger is at the end of winter and early spring, but cultivation can be during an entire year.
- A ginger plant can grow as high as 4 feet.
- Ginger has many health benefits anti- inflammatory properties, blood sugar regulation, and gastrointestinal relief.
- India is number one in the world for ginger production and among the top 10 global exporters.
- Ginger was a typical trade product from the East to Europe by the 11th century CE.
- Natural ginger ales made with fresh ginger are available as a digestive tonic.
- In Japan, slices of ginger are eaten between dishes or courses to clear the palate.
- There are 80 calories in 100 grams of ginger, and the oil is used in perfumes and medicines.
- Ginger produces clusters of white and pink flower buds that bloom into yellow flowers.
- The ginger rhizome flesh can be yellow, white, or red, depending upon the variety.
- Ginger has many significant vitamins and minerals. It also comprises gingerol, a compound with potent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Ginger may also reduce DNA damage from radiation and offer some protection from industrial pollutants.
- Ginger rhizomes are often used to flavor bread, sauces, curry dishes, confections, and pickles.
- The root of ginger is more intense and therefore is utilized in spices.
These are some fantastic facts about ginger. Being dynamic Herbal Extract Manufactures, we are a call away from you to handle your bulk order. So feel free to
© 2023 Botanic Healthcare. All Rights Reserved