By Admin | 2023-01-21 12:19:42 | Blog
Ginger not only adds delicious flavour to food, but it is a combo pack full of nutrients. People using the root for cooking and healing for thousands of years. Botanic Healthcare - the world’s most well-known Ginger Extracts Manufacturers, understands the need for this valuable plant and precisely processes it with cut-edge tools and modern machinery to offer the best Organic Extract. It is a spice for flavouring food and as a medicinal plant. There are various unusual and unique facts about ginger. Let us know the most interesting facts about this spice.
Intriguing Facts About Ginger Plant:
- Ginger is not a root. It’s a rhizome with an underground stem that can produce root and shoot systems of a new plant.
- The ginger plant is an herb.
- Ginger is a part of the Zingiberaceae family. Turmeric and Cardamom are also in this family.
- The ginger plant is native to south-eastern Asia.
- Ginger can be grown from rhizomes, which you can find at grocery stores.
- The mature ginger rhizomes are harvested after 9-12 months.
- Ginger is mainly grown in warmer regions and the tropics.
- The best time to plant ginger is at the end of winter and early spring, but cultivation can be during an entire year.
- A ginger plant can grow as high as 4 feet.
- Ginger has many health benefits anti- inflammatory properties, blood sugar regulation, and gastrointestinal relief.
- India is number one in the world for ginger production and among the top 10 global exporters.
- Ginger was a typical trade product from the East to Europe by the 11th century CE.
- Natural ginger ales made with fresh ginger are available as a digestive tonic.
- In Japan, slices of ginger are eaten between dishes or courses to clear the palate.
- There are 80 calories in 100 grams of ginger, and the oil is used in perfumes and medicines.
- Ginger produces clusters of white and pink flower buds that bloom into yellow flowers.
- The ginger rhizome flesh can be yellow, white, or red, depending upon the variety.
- Ginger has many significant vitamins and minerals. It also comprises gingerol, a compound with potent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Ginger may also reduce DNA damage from radiation and offer some protection from industrial pollutants.
- Ginger rhizomes are often used to flavour bread, sauces, curry dishes, confections, and pickles.
- The root of ginger is more intense and therefore is utilized in spices.
These are some fantastic facts about ginger. Being dynamic Herbal Extract Manufactures, call us at the provided phone or send an email to us immediately.
© 2024 Botanic Healthcare. All Rights Reserved.