Botanical Name : Piper methysticum
Family : Piperaceae
Common Name : Kava
- People of Polynesia, Micronesia and Hawaii have been making a ceremonial drink from the root of the kava for over 3000 years and is renowned for providing quick relaxation.
- Referred to as “nature’s Valium” because it effectively reduces anxiety.
- A safe and effective alternative to antidepressants and tranquilizers for anxiety disorders.
Botanic healthcare derives 100% water-based kava extract from sustainably cultivated noble cultivars.
- Noble kava is the best strain and it takes four to five years to mature.
- We use the noble strains such as borogu and borongoru.
- They contain higher levels of beneficial kavalactones, an active ingredient which is responsible for the soothing and calming effects.
- It also meets the regulatory requirements of various countries and the WHO.
Has around 18 different types of kavalactones such as kavain, demethoxyyangonin, yangonin, dihydrokavain, methysticin, dihydromethysticin.
- May reduce stress and anxiety by the potentiation of GABA-A receptor activity.
- Helps to decrease depression.
- Improves sleep quality, and especially helps in stress-related sleep disruptions.
- May improve and stabilize mood.
- Possesses cognitive enhancing traits associated with increased visual attention, short term memory tasks, improves reaction time etc.
- Could help reduce pain and inflammatory symptoms.
- Creates psychotropic effects – altered perception, mood, consciousness, behavior, cognitive etc.
- Helps prevent excess neuronal activity.
- May protect brain cells from free radical damage and hence can be used for Parkinson’s disease.
Dosage: 200-250 mg kavalactones daily.
Botanic Healthcare can provide you: Kava extract with total kavalactones NLT 10% w/w by HPLC.
Our product is tested for quality and is non-GMO, 100% Natural, USP grade and processed from five-year noble root.