Botanical Name: Andrographis paniculata
Common Name: Kalmegh, Indian Chiretta, King of Bitters
- Traditionally used in Chinese medicine and Ayurveda.
- Can be found worldwide in tropical and subtropical regions.
- A promising herb for supporting the cardiovascular system and metabolic functions.
- An important constituent of at least 26 Ayurvedic formulas in Indian pharmacopoeia.
- Most widely used to treat cold and flu symptoms.
- Acts as a natural immune-booster.
- Beneficial for relieving symptoms of acute upper respiratory tract infections.
- May help to reduce fatigue in people with multiple sclerosis.
- Used as a digestive tonic.
- Supports the functions of the gallbladder which in turn supports the liver.
- May help in maintaining normal flow and pressure of blood in blood vessels.
- Helps to maintain a healthy blood sugar balance.
- Normalises liver function and lipid balance.
Diterpene lactones, known as andrographolides, which exhibit a broad range of biological activities such as anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antitumor, antidiabetic, antimalarial and hepatoprotective.
Dosage: 200-250mg per day for adults.
Botanic Healthcare can provide you HPLC and gravimetry-based extracts standardized with reference to total Andrographolides.